Wednesday 11 May 2011

EVALUATION - (Who would be the audience for your media product? AND How did you attract and address your audience?)

I targeted my audience to both male and females between the ages of 16 to 25 this is because when conducting my questionnaire I found my age group resulted came out to be between these ages. The content I contained within it would have fitted for both sexes. The main people who would be purchasing this magazine would be of the working/middle class this is reflected in the pricing I have set it at. From looking at other existing magazines I found that there prices ranged from £2.00 to £3.99. I then came to the conclusion to price mine directly in the middle to £2.99  this was so that not only would it be an average price for a magazine it would then attract a larger audience. When conducting my audience research I used different form of questionnaires so that I could get larger more in-depth answers. As well as that I found that my style models go against the simplicity of my model as often stereotypical indie-rock magazine usually have very attention seeking front cover made eminent with a model who is either wearing bright clothing/ make – up. I went against the stereotypical conventions of my style models as I wanted to experiment with something more simplistic. I chose to have the artist in the feature article to show she had a hard up bringing which then some audiences may of related to her story which would ultimately appeal to the lower class. As you can see in my all of my products the model is wearing stereotypically 'girly' clothing, she represents the new era of indie-rock. Te fact that she is wearing something that isn't really considered femine makes her seem a bit more masculine. When putting the aspect of the post modern society I think that feminity has decreased over the years as more men and women can express themselves through what they wear. Even though nowadays the indie rock scene is still heavily dominated my men, women are beginning to rise to fame and move up the hierarchy as more and more females are contracted 
more solo and band deals.


Closed questionnaire results




No comments:

Post a Comment